- Because our extra fine Merino fibres are so fine and light it is an ideal fibre for year round wear.
- Even when air is cold or damp, a molecular process called ‘heat of sorption’ releases heat, which can be felt by the garment wearer. All fibres do this, but extra fine Merino does it four times as much as nylon and at least double this for polyester.
- The natural crimp of our extra fine Merino fibre enables it to trap air effectively, thus insulating the body from the cold.
- For the wearer of one of our iconic extra fine Merino garments, the Merino creates its own microclimate around the body, acting as a buffer against changing conditions and maintaining higher comfort levels.
- Because our extra fine Merino fibre breathes with the wearer it means there is no unpleasant ‘clammy’ sensation and our extra fine merino garments can be worn in warm or cool weather.
- Synthetic fibres don’t have this ability, which is why they don’t score as well for comfort.